CAse study:

KAY HOHN

Personal Consulting and Senior Partner

Brimstone Group

Who used Forté:

Leaders & Management, Individuals

Forté Reports Used:

Opening her own business ten years ago, Kay Hohn has been using The Forté Interpersonal Profile since the beginning of her company.

Since working with the Brimstone Consulting Group, Kay has utilized the profile with large and small corporations for the last eight years.

“FORTÉ OFFERS INSIGHT THAT LEADERS AND CLIENTS CAN WALK AWAY WITH. THEY END UP HAVING ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE ON HOW THEY ARE VIEWED, HOW THEY OPERATE, AND HOW THEY CAN MORE EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE WITH OTHERS.”

Kay Hohn has been able to see how the Forté profile can improve communication between organizations of all different sizes and types. Hohn was first introduced to Forté because of her affiliation with Executive Edge and Kim Ramsey. She has now incorporated Forté into her own businesses ventures. “75 percent of my use [with the Forté profile] is on an individual basis, part of executive coaching and then the other 25 percent would be doing team building,” Hohn said.

She has seen the benefit of Forté on all levels because she has the ability to use the product in both large and smaller companies. On an individual basis, Hohn explains, “[the Forté primary profile] is concrete. It gives a bit of information to work on, a plan to take action, and it provides a way users can utilize what they have learned.” While working with large corporations, “I primarily focus on leadership teams, the insight that Forté creates for members of a team and the differences among each other when I administer Forté.” The teams are more effectively able to communicate with each other and act as a leverage of strengths among the team members.

One of her most memorable moments with Forté came about six years ago when she was using it with AOL. In this instance, the team of eight leaders were continually impatient with each other, and it was interfering with their productivity at work. After looking at their primary profiles, the leaders were able to see the differences with each other and how their communication was perceived differently than they thought. Hohn continued the process by showing them their adapting profiles, which tracked the change in the group. She said that these two tools provoked the group to ask questions about how they could adapt their communication style to be more effective at work, while understanding how to use the different styles to get along the most effectively.